Saturday, April 9, 2011


Whenever I wear tie dye I feel happy in my heart.
In my last relationship I was really inhibited about what I could wear as my partner had really narrow views on what was fashionable. A lot of the time he wouldn't like what I was wearing and while sometimes it was fun to pretend not to care and wear it anyways, ultimately I relented and tried to wear things I knew he liked. He liked really bland corporate attire and essentially outfits with little to no colour other than grey, white and black. For a creative person like myself this was absolutely horrible. I think what he goes for is classy but I never felt it looked classy, just corporate. And well I'm not a corporate person. I'm a preschool teacher for gosh sakes. Colour is my life and always has been. I was so stifled, it wasn't really surprising I wasn't confident in my appearance when we were together. Now that I'm single, I finally feel like I can express myself again. I have been working on a new wardrobe for myself that actually makes me feel whole, like I'm expressing myself and like I'm attractive.
It's amazing what clothes can do for your mood. I've just been feeling on top of the world lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment